[tei-council] P5 use of rend in examples

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 09:10:33 EST 2011

In an attempt to amuse myself on a Friday,
I extended http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/rends.html to
  a) list how many times each combination occurs
  b) show @n
  c) list @type as well

the latter throws up some unnerving things, such
as "structuralUnit" vs "structuralunit", or <del type='overstrike'>
(the other table shows <del rend='overstrike'>, or practice
varing from "a-b", "a_b" , "a_B" to  "aB"

the @n list shows to me that the usage of this attribute
is really rather incoherent :-}

Lou will tell me I just don't get it, and that this variety is what makes
the TEI great …...

--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group