[tei-council] ecco-related actions

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Nov 9 03:05:54 EST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

The minutes say we did want to put <table> in:

-------
5. Permit <floatingText> and table as direct children of <sp> (which
would also align <sp> with <said>, which does allow those elements)

Council agreed that, since a letter can be read out by a speaker, and a
letter is a <floatingText>, then <sp> should allow <floatingText>; the
case for table is harder to make, especially since it can be avoided
simply by wrapping the table in <sp>. SR could not find any examples of
table in <sp> in ECCO, but found one of a sp/p/table, which looks quite
convincing, and Council came to the view that table should be allowed.
The Council's decision is that we want to allow both <floatingText> and
table within <sp>, and a ticket should be raised and someone assigned to
discover the best approach to this, since it's not immediately obvious.
--------

Not sure how best to achieve it, though. Putting <floatingText> in
model.qLike seems perfectly reasonable, but I don't think the same
model.global; perhaps we should add <table> to that?

[Ducks and covers...]