[tei-council] Ticket triage : greenery

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 17:53:19 EDT 2011

With apologies for being so late with it, I am pleased to report that I
have now completed the traditional pre-meeting triage of SF tickets into
the groups GREEN AMBER and RED. I wuz delayed by my usual sloth but also
by a big push last week to get the Genetic stuff off my plate.

As old hands will know, GREEN tickets are ones for which I (at least)
think a clear course of action has been identified following which the
ticket can be closed without further discussion. (This exercise applies
only to tickets concerning the Guidelines. There are also tickets
relating to Roma, to Tite, and to the TEI Website, but I have
scrupulously ignored them).

Here are the 11 "bug" tickets in the GREEN category :

3411976	<provenance> examples and definition are inconsistent
3400825	"Mandatory when applicable" is meaningless
3284793	code may have non-unicode characters, needs <g>
3064182	Check desc of all xs:anyURI atts for in-doc restrictions
3400295	Inconsistent definitions for some elements
3387002	usage of @class on msItemStruct wrongly described
3305072	mention <formula> as possible content for <figure> in text
3304622	invalid xml:lang= values
3289073	many missing references in guidelines
3285020	irregularities in <gram> syntatic sugar variants
3223544	use of head and p within figure

And here are the 15 "feature request" tickets in the GREEN category:

3408683	hyphenation section doesn't reference pc at force
3293070	enhancement of notes and examples in ref-del
3282689	replace 'file' with 'document'
3266021	dictionary entires with a single sense
3263971	inheritance of @xml:lang
3210946	examples for digital facsimile
3064014	provide suggested values for rs at type
3051750	choice of schema language when using the TEI
3041605	update list of Council members
3415411	Split certainty/precision/respons from model.glossLike
3296398	add hi to figDesc
3284811	att.internetMedia's @mimeType should get data.word+ datatype
3275613	make textLang usable in bibliographies
3046288	allow f to contain pcdata

Some of these have already been agreed but are waiting for a bit of
editorial work.

Could you please take a rapid look down the list and shout at once if
you disagree with my assessment? Other things being equal, I will take
silence over the next 24 hours concerning any of these tickets as a
licence to go ahead and do what it says on the ticket. As, of course,
should anyone else keen to do some ticket closing.

A list of AMBER and RED tickets will follow tomorrow... these are ones
for which I think we should aim to reserve some discussion time in Paris.