[tei-council] Budget and Cost Saving for next year

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Nov 2 13:08:39 EDT 2011

I guess the question, then, is whether XPointer is rarely implemented
because it's hard (difficult to imagine, since it's not that distant
from XPath), or because nobody wants it. If it's the latter, then we
give the lie to it -- we want it, and if it's not that hard, it might
not be that expensive either.

If we were to fund it, what kind of implementations would we want to
provide? Java, C, XQuery, XSLT? I'm inclined to think that XQuery/XSLT
implementations (which might share a lot of code, actually) would be
easier to deploy for TEI users, who are already doing XQuery and XSLT
processing of their documents. We could provide modules with examples of
how to use them. C or Java implementations would be harder to integrate
into existing projects.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)