[tei-council] Unused parts of TEI P5 source

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 11:04:44 EDT 2011

On 02/11/11 14:53, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> In order to avoid confusion of poor innocents like me who
> regularly search by directories of files,

What a strange practice. Why not grep the file guidelines-en.xml ?

I have moved all these
> aside to a new directory called Specs-Unused. If people feel
> I should just zap them, or move them off to a galaxy far far away,
> thats OK too.

Certainly we should keep them around. It can only be a matter of time
before someone starts demanding the return of one or other of them (I'm
looking at e.g. watermarks)

The TEI.xxx.xml ones will be needed when we decide to forget this XML
nonsense and go back to good old SGML dtds of course.