[tei-council] Our next f2f, news, etc.

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 10:33:55 EDT 2011

On 17 Oct 2011, at 15:23, Piotr Bański wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice to ask the Board to delegate the task of appointment
> of the Chair to the Council, in the future? We sort of know one another
> and certainly are able to assess someone's work, from inside, as it were.

it's a matter of checks and balances, I recall from the constitutional
discussions in 2000. The Board wants some oversight and control
of the Council, so it provides the Chair, the Board chair, and another rep from the
Board to keep us from breaking loose.

I suspect an open election by the members of the council chair would
be no bad thing.
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group