[tei-council] agenda items

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 12:18:57 EDT 2011

On 4 Oct 2011, at 16:06, Piotr Bański wrote:

> I was under impression, especially after Lou's remark, and the ensuing
> exchange, that we are going to keep of nature X with their kin of genus
> X. And not pretending that X, Y and Z are all Z, or all X. That is not
> going to take us far.

> ….
> We are running in circles, this is so horribly unproductive.

indeed.

which is why we leave it to the users. Put two licenses
on the source ODD, copy them to any generated files,
don't attempt to justify it, or explain, or split hairs.

put it another way.  My proposal is literally to add two
<license> elements to the Guidelines ODD, and emend
the processing XSL to copy these to HTML, rng, dtd, etc.
Leaving aside what this _means_, would you do
something different? if so, how? I mean, if you want
a single license on the HTML, what is the algorithm
by which it gets there?
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group