[tei-council] agenda items

John Unsworth john.m.unsworth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:59:58 EDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 4:27 AM, Pierazzo, Elena wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> I'm disappointed on the slot given by the business meeting: when the
> change of the programme happened I had already booked my flight and hotel,
> namely I will be leaving Wurzburg at around 2:30 on Saturday, meaning that
> I will miss the business meeting entirely as the fees to pay to change my
> bookings are something my institution are not willing to pay.... I have to
> say I'm really sorry of not being able to make it.

As I just mentioned in my previous email, I'm sorry about the timing too, but this meeting wasn't on my calendar until late August, and by then, I already had commitments that overlap with the earlier part of the members meeting.

> Anyway, here are my two pennies.
> In the past two years the report on the SIG activities have disappeared
> from the agenda of the business meeting. I have complained about it and
> all time I was told that it was only on oversight and that this belonged
> to the business meeting. So here I am again: please include a report on
> the activities of the SIGs.

I'll do that.

> I echoe Sebastian on the request of having a report on the Council
> activities.

OK--perhaps Laurent can put together that report, and let me know how long it will take?

> About the Board meeting: I think the agenda cannot avoid to cover the
> answer to the question you made, as well as the role of the SIGs and of
> the SIG coordinator.

Right--but we will have a lot to cover then, in 90 minutes.

John