[tei-council] agenda items

Unsworth, John M unsworth at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:55:54 EDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 3:53 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 3 Oct 2011, at 01:50, Unsworth, John M wrote:
>

>> 1) announcement of election results  (15 minutes)
>
> not sure how this takes 15 minutes?

the first item always takes longer than it should--people settling in, etc.

>> 2) financial reporting (15 minutes)
> ok
>
>> 3) discussion of changes to the membership model (30 minutes)
>> 4) discussion of TEI priorities for the coming year (30 minutes)
>
> will not the members expect a report on the planned TEI priorities
> from their Board and Council, so that they can agree, disagree,
> and add their own? there must be some more structure to both
> of these, surely. otherwise presented like this, it looks defensive
> and unplanned.

I've solicited input from both the Board and the Council, for that reason.

> quite often in the past the Council reported on what it had achieved
> during the year, FWIW

OK.

> I am saddened to see this is put down for 5pm on the Saturday.
> Seems like a real graveyard shift.

That was done because the Board wanted me to run this meeting, and that's the soonest I can get there, given pre-existing travel commitments on the east coast of the US, Thursday and Friday.

John