[tei-council] Licensing - ballot

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Sat Oct 1 06:16:24 EDT 2011

On 01/10/11 11:19, James Cummings wrote:
> If I'm understanding correctly this means that the XSLT stylesheets will
> need to have both a CC+BY notice and the BSD-2 licence because when I
> grab them you don't know if I'm going to be using them as documentary
> examples of over modularisation in a book about XSLT programming, or
> whether I'm going to be running them.

If this logic is followed closely, then any piece of code, whether C or
assembler, is also documentation. I admit I don't share this view. I
believe our XSLT/XProc code is software. And HTML is clearly
documentation. The question is, what are schemas, and what is ODD. I'm
sure we could give several arguments going in different directions.
Perhaps doing that and eliminating some of these options could be the
first take an an operative definition.

  P.