[tei-council] empty elements revisited

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 13:53:25 EDT 2011

The trouble with this is that once you allow model.glossLike elements in
general you open the door to all sorts of crud.

I imagine that young Stormageddon would throw a fit at the idea of
having to process  e.g.

<lb><desc>This is a line break I want to discuss for some bizarre
reason</desc></lb>

and I think I would agree with him.

Wouldn't your use case be better met by a stand-off solution? i.e. why
not do

<lb xml:id="n13"/><certainty cert="low" target="#n13" locus="location"/>