[tei-council] Fwd: [tei-board] licensing issues

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 09:18:30 EDT 2011

On 28 Sep 2011, at 13:59, Lou Burnard wrote:

> "The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation
> are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing
> official policies, either expressed or implied, of <copyright holder>."
>
> as a qualifier seems nonsensical to me. The Guidelines *do* express
> views and conclusions which are TEI official policy. And who are "the
> authors" if not the <copyright holder>?

it's an interesting question, in an after-dinner-with-port-and-cheese-and-nuts
sort of way, but are you seriously unhappy with the licence?

its just covering, in case of any future dispute whereby S Fish complains
about your use of his name in some prose written 15 years ago
--
Stormageddon Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group

Sólo le pido a Dios