[tei-council] @key to be deprecated?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Sep 20 12:22:22 EDT 2011

The lengthy 2007 discussion beginning here:

<http://lists.village.virginia.edu/pipermail/tei-council/2007/007519.html>

seems to be all over the map. There are arguments in favour of keeping
both @cRef and @key (even Sebastian arguing in favour of @cRef at one
point).

But I can't find Sebastian's argument that @ref and @target are usefully
distinct. Anyone know where it is?