[tei-council] @key to be deprecated?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Sep 20 11:31:39 EDT 2011

I think we're talking about trying to arrive at a much simpler system in
the very long run (hence deprecation); once again, here, we have
multiple ways of doing the same thing, some of which we're proposing to
recommend (URIs in @ref) and the other of which we're going to continue
to allow (magic tokens in @key). One of the most common complaints we
hear both from experts and from new users is that TEI has too many ways
of doing the same thing, so where one method is clearly superior to the
other, we should surely plan to move towards it.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)