[tei-council] update from the TEI Tite task force: comments on 2 tickets by October 1

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 18 15:53:12 EDT 2011

On 18 Sep 2011, at 19:24, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> = What's next =
>
> *I would like Council members to revisit these two tickets*:
>
> c) adding <add> and <del>:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3136935&group_id=106328&atid=644065

I am not sure what to say. If the Tite users want <add> and <del>,
sure, go and ahead and give it to them. I am not sure how we can
help you decide this? If Tite plans to cover hand-written material,
I personally think that's such a huge extra burden that
the advantages of a standardized Tite are negligible. I think
I'd prefer a TiteMS, which is Tite + Handwrititing, rather than
giving <add> and <del> to the vast majority of Tite users. But
that's Tite politics, not a technical question.

> d) adding @facs to <pb/>:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3136936&group_id=106328&atid=644065

I have commented on this, hopefully saying how to to it

Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente