[tei-council] P5 1.10?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 16:37:52 EDT 2011

On 13/09/11 21:27, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 13 Sep 2011, at 21:18, Lou Burnard wrote:
>> It rather depends what you mean by "reach" It would be a bad idea for
>> this "stuff" to be included in P5 in a shape that most of its likely
>> users would consider totally wrong. We should not rush into print with it until it has been properly reviewed by experts in the domain.
>

> true. but since they wrote it, not sure what else will happen…

Not so.  There are, believe it or not, some experts in this particular
domain who did not have a hand in either draft. I have met some --
indeed was talking to two of them only last week. (They expressed, fwiw,
astonishment that the current draft doesn't say anything about how you
represent the size of the writing in a particular zone)

>> I think it needs to be looked at *as a discussion draft* by the
>> community generally.
>
> thats what Elena et al have been touting round the community for the
> last 2 years, though, isn't it? But sure, get the thing out there, let the
> vultures have at it….

Elena?