[tei-council] Fwd: TEI licensing issues

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Mon Sep 12 12:57:38 EDT 2011

I'm far from expert as well -- in my work, I'm mostly either just
frustrated with, or more often outright mad about licensing issues, so
I'm very grateful, James, that you did the dirty work, thanks :-)

One comment:

> Multi-licensing is fine if it makes it easier for people (like
> George) to use and doesn't confuse users.

As far as I recall, "double/multi-licensing" can informally stand for
two distinct configurations: where an item is covered by two (or more)
licenses at the same time -- and then in many cases, it's not possible,
because these licenses conflict, or that the user is offered a choice of
licenses, and decides to conform to one of those (potentially
conflicting) licenses. I believe it is the latter that has been assumed
here, and I think this is worth stating explicitly in any official release.

Best,

  P.