[tei-council] SF ticket 2859355: <subst>

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Sep 7 11:30:18 EDT 2011

I was away for a week during the discussion of <subst> that took place on TEI-L
recently, related to ticket http://purl.org/TEI/FR/2859355. I have just posted a
comment on Sourceforge related to the proposed changes. I understand the
arguments in favor of the proposals but do see some rather unfortunate
real-world consequences of making it harder to use <subst> for anything but
one-to-one addition/deletion of adjacent pieces of text.

DS

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA