[tei-council] genetic draft -- from Brett, pt. 3

Pierazzo, Elena elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 07:49:37 EDT 2011

Sorry for my absence, I have been away a few days (yes, I know, I'm a lazy
bastard...).

The passage below makes me wonder: did we really agreed on the creation of
<block>? I don't seem to recollect it and one for myself I don't agree
that it is necessary. In the proposal we said we would use <zone> for this
cases as in the documentary view the transcription happens within
topographical things (sorry, can't think of a better word!) so we have
lines and zones: block seems a bit to content directed and if it is
otherwise topographically directed, then it is a zone... Or am I missing
something?
Elena