[tei-council] genetic draft -- from Brett, pt. 4

Stuart A. Yeates syeates at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:37:26 EDT 2011

[It might be helpful to casual readers if a URL to the document being
discussed is included in threads like this.]

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Lou Burnard
<lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 29/08/11 21:22, Brett Barney wrote:
>
>> So<mod>  can be either empty or not. Hmmm. Is there a reason for using a
>> different approach here than with<add>  and<del>? That is, why don't we
>> have
>> two new elements,<mod>  and<modSpan>? Alternatively, why don't we get rid
>> of
>> <addSpan>  and<delSpan>  in favor of<add spanTo>  and<del spanTo>?
>
> I agree: we should deprecate xxxSpan.

Is it expected that xxxSpan can be converted to the new approach
automatically? Has someone else put their hand up to write this XSL?

cheers
stuart