[tei-council] Mime types and "Mandatory when applicable"?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 16:31:21 EDT 2011

On 26 Aug 2011, at 16:21, Martin Holmes wrote:

>  it's defined as "mandatory
> when applicable". I realize that although I've seen this many times, I
> have no idea what it means.

I don't think mwa means _anything_ . I am sure Lou can tell us
what it tried to mean 20 years ago, but I see no meaningful use of it now.
There are about 35 uses of it. Lets purge them...
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente