[tei-council] genetic draft -- from Brett, pt. 2

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 25 11:24:30 EDT 2011

On 25 Aug 2011, at 16:21, Pierazzo, Elena wrote:

> I meant you can do transcription within <text>, the use of <elephant> is
> not mandatory if you are transcribing a manuscript, so I will find
> <transcript> confusing and suggesting that we enforce <elephant> for this
> purpose.

I don't see how the name of <elephant> makes any difference then.
a) people will abuse whatever you call it, and b) you can't "enforce"
the use of <elephant> for transcription.

Head of Information and Support Group
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente