[tei-council] genetic draft -- from Brett, pt. 2

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 25 04:49:41 EDT 2011

On 24/08/11 21:32, Brett Barney wrote:
>> 6. discussion of spanTo needs expansion. Some more real examples would
>> help.
>
> I don't know that I can help with expansion of the prose, but I'll spend
> some time looking for other examples. Is there a particular sort that would
> be especially welcome?

I'd guess deletions which span text that you'd expect to have markup
preserved (or vice versa), and ones where the deletion goes from part of
one structure to part of another structure (as a single line) but
doesn't delete the rest of the structure. (i.e. list1, item2 to list2
item2 but not deleting list1 item3).  Or anything along that kind of use
case would be fun examples. :-)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,