[tei-council] More questions on tcw21

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 23 08:10:39 EDT 2011

Thanks for the response so far to my posting yesterday about the Big
Questions.  Here, as promised, are some more questions...

guidelines should we offer about when to choose which, beyond the
following:
   - <seg> can be used within the other two to delimit any kind of unit
   - <line> implies a topographic line of some kind
   - <ab> implies any kind of block, possibly but not necessarily
containing multiple <line>s

2. discussion of spanTo needs expansion. Some more real examples would
help.

3. Should <metaMark> possibly have a <desc> child to describe it
rather than relying on brief characterisation as attribute values?

4. The graphics included should all have proper citation
information. Do we want so many? Can we find better (clearer) ones?