[tei-council] Statement

Julianne Nyhan julianne.nyhan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:55:31 EDT 2011

>Works for me, as a Canadian, I love any clause with 'notwithstanding' in
>it.
I have the same thing with 'discombobulate' :-)

ok, I'm happy with the statement now.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM, James Cummings <
James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 17/08/11 17:19, Julianne Nyhan wrote:
> > 3) still a little unwieldy. The problem is the ' in addition to the
> > meeting minutes it already publishes'.
> > Is that connected to the first or last clause? I want to move it without
> > destroying meaning of sentence.
> > How about:
> >
> > 3) The TEI Technical Council desires a greater transparency and
> > accountability in TEI Board activities, notwithstanding the minutes of
> > meetings it already publishes. Council calls for reforms that introduce
> > mechanisms to make TEI Board activities more transparent and built on
> > greater consultation with the TEI Community.
>
> Works for me, as a Canadian, I love any clause with 'notwithstanding' in
> it.  This leaves us with:
>
> 1) The TEI Technical Council continues to function and wants to get on
> with its job of improving and openly maintaining the Guidelines and
> associated systems and resources on behalf of the TEI Community.
>
> 2) The TEI Technical Council is shocked and saddened by the sudden
> actions of the TEI Board in dismissing its chair and the implications
> this may have for the ability of the TEI Board to work effectively as
> representatives of the TEI Community.
>
> 3) The TEI Technical Council desires a greater transparency and
> accountability in TEI Board activities, notwithstanding the minutes of
> meetings it already publishes. Council calls for reforms that introduce
> mechanisms to make TEI Board activities more transparent and built on
> greater consultation with the TEI Community.
>
> 4) The TEI Technical Council believes that the events announced by the
> TEI Board on 15 August 2011, pending greater explanation, have caused
> real harm to the TEI Consortium and wish to know the Board's plans for
> restoring the Consortium's reputation and good standing in the
> community.
>

> We could have, of course, done this on the wiki or something sensible
> like that. :-)
>
> -James
>
> --
> Dr James Cummings, Manager of InfoDev
> Oxford University Computing Services
> University of Oxford

Dr Julianne Nyhan,
(UCL & Universitaet Trier)

*Direct Line:* +44 (0)20 7679 7206)
*Fax:*  +44 (0)20 7383 0557)
*Office:* G15a, Department of Information Studies, Foster Court, University
College London, WC1E 6BT, U.K.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/julianne-nyhan/
http://germazope.uni-trier.de/Projects/KoZe2/
http://epu.ucc.ie/theses/jnyhan/