[tei-council] Taking on Sourceforge tickets

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Aug 17 11:33:42 EDT 2011

I think:

1. Submitting tickets is good.

2. Implementing changes is good.

3. If you're not comfortable (yet) implementing changes, then submitting
tickets is still a worthy contribution to the process.

4. Even if you feel confident you can implement a fix that you've
identified, it's still good practice to submit a ticket, invite comment,
and wait a little while before implementing the fix (unless it's truly
trivial, such as a spelling mistake).

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the meeting this morning and the clarification from Lou and
Laurent. I'm still concerned, but at least I'm not so puzzled any more.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)