[tei-council] Statement

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 17 11:24:49 EDT 2011

Also, the wording of #4 is problematic. I'd suggest something like:

4) We believe that the events of the past week have caused a real harm to
the TEI Consortium and wish to know the Board's plans for restoring the
Consortium's reputation and good standing in the community.

Though some may think "the events of the past week" is too vague.

Brett

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>                                                                                                        |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |tei-council at lists.village.Virginia.EDU                                                                                                            |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |08/17/2011 10:14 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [tei-council] Statement                                                                                                                       |

"to is reputation" -> "to its reputation"

On 17/08/11 15:55, Laurent Romary wrote:
> Council,
>
> Following our discussion, here's a new wording of our statement. Could we
get consensus on this so that I put it on the TEI + board list?

> Laurent
>
> 1) The TEI Technical Council continues to function and wants to get on
with its job of improving and openly maintaining the Guidelines and
associated systems and resources on behalf of the TEI Community.

> 2) The TEI Technical Council is shocked and saddened by the sudden
actions of the TEI Board in dismissing its chair and the implications this
may have for the ability of the TEI Board to work effectively as
representatives of the TEI Community.

> 3) We desire a greater transparency and accountability in TEI Board
activities, in addition to the minutes of meetings it already publishes,
and would support reforms that introduced mechanisms making TEI Board
activities more transparent and introduced greater consultation with the
TEI Community.

> 4) We wish to know what plans the TEI Board has to rescue the TEI
Consortium from what we perceive to be real harm to is reputation and good
standing in the community that this incident has caused.