[tei-council] Transcribe Bentam

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Tue Aug 9 12:39:15 EDT 2011

On 05/08/11 23:36, Martin Mueller wrote:
> I discovered to my delight what I should have known before: the Transcribe Bentham project uses TEI.  The project won the Prix Ars Electronica for 2011. Its Transcription Desk looks like a pretty robust and generalizable platform. If it were used by 20 historical societies in North America that would be a nontrivial way of spreading the news about TEI.

Our wiki will now participate in its googling delight:

http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Transcribe_Bentham

Somewhat to the tune of at least part of your letter, Martin, I note
that the term "TEI" is extremely hard to find in this project's pages;
the term "Text Encoding Initiative" is not to be found there at all.

Best,

  Piotr (who still hasn't finished reading the letter <= work+jetlag)