[tei-council] notated music

Martin Mueller martinmueller at northwestern.edu
Mon Jul 4 15:58:19 EDT 2011

I'm reluctant to jump into this discussion, which I don't really
understand in all its technical ramification. But what I do hear (sort of)
is that we're trying to do something music-specific that might be better
thought of at a more abstract level. I certainly see the virtue of dealing
with practical or domain-specific problems as they come up. But unless
there is something that must be done right now, would it make sense to
take a time out and reflect on whether a move to a more abstract solution
could be realized in a reasonable time?