[tei-council] notated music

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Jul 4 12:24:20 EDT 2011

On 11-07-04 09:16 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> I think that #3 is clearly necessary, #1 is debatable, and #2 is
> something that needs a lot more discussion

But if #3 is syntactic sugar for #2, shouldn't we deal with #2 first? We
can't detail the semantics of <notatedMusic> as a special case of
something else when we haven't yet created the something else.

Or do you think it's better to create <notatedMusic> first, and work out
the semantics of its parallel content, and then use that as the basis
for a more generalized element at a later date? That does seem
topsy-turvy to me.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)