[tei-council] Fwd: Some more on notatedMusic to the council

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 10:55:46 EDT 2011

On 29/06/11 14:45, Raffaele Viglianti wrote:
> On 29/06/11 14:06, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> maybe Raffaele can clear something up here finally. When I meet this bit of code
>> in a TEI document
>>
>> <notatedMusic>
>>                                   <ptr target="bar1.xml"/>
>>                                   <graphic url="bar1.jpg"/>
>>                                    <desc>First bar of Chopin's Scherzo No.3 Op.39</desc>
>> </notatedMusic>
>>
>> and I am making a web page, it is clear that the default expectation is of _rendering_
>> bar1.xml if I can, rather than providing a hyper link to it?
>>
> This is correct.

But if one can't render the XML (because one doesn't know what to
do with it) an appropriate default would also be to treat the
graphic as one usually does in processing (put a reference to
transclude it in the html), but potentially also make this a link
to the XML? (With the <desc> as @alt text on the graphic?)

>> I am back with wanting<externalObject>   now,  with @target, @mimeType etc

Would that (optionally) be able to group things inside it? I.e.
multiple resolutions of images. or a PNG to display with a link
to a mp4?

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,