[tei-council] Fwd: Some more on notatedMusic to the council

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 09:06:01 EDT 2011

maybe Raffaele can clear something up here finally. When I meet this bit of code
in a TEI document

<notatedMusic>
                                <ptr target="bar1.xml"/>
                                <graphic url="bar1.jpg"/>
                                 <desc>First bar of Chopin's Scherzo No.3 Op.39</desc>
</notatedMusic>

and I am making a web page, it is clear that the default expectation is of _rendering_
bar1.xml if I can, rather than providing a hyper link to it?

I am back with wanting <externalObject> now,  with @target, @mimeType etc

Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente