[tei-council] Nominating committee

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Jun 22 15:03:21 EDT 2011

Both the Bylaws ( http://www.tei-c.org/About/bylaws.xml ) and the
procedures document ( http://www.tei-c.org/Board/procedures.xml )
mention the nominating committee, but neither states whether members of
the committee may nominate themselves (or be nominated by others) to run
in the election.  *Robert's Rules of Order* (used for most organizations
with bylaws in the US) allows members of this committee to be nominated
and run for office, but I think we should be explicit about the TEI's
practice in this matter before we decide whether to volunteer.  :)