[tei-council] About encouraging, supporting, and coordinating SIG's

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Mon Jun 20 17:32:13 EDT 2011

Martin, I can't post to tei-board, so feel free to forward to that list
if you think it's appropriate.

To make sure we all agree on terminology, I wonder what you mean by "the
SIG chair".  According to the "SIG Rules and Regulations" (
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SIG/rules.xml ) and according to common
usage in the community, each SIG has a *convenor* (or co-convenors), and
the Council appoints a *SIG coordinator* from among its members to be a
liason to SIGs.  Are you wondering whether individual SIGs gain from
having a SIG convenor (for that SIG) or a SIG coordinator (from Council
as a liason)?

Kevin