[tei-council] missing notes on TEI guidelines

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 05:17:12 EDT 2011

On 26/04/11 23:39, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Stuart pointed out (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=644062&aid=3289063&group_id=106328) that notes seem to be broken in the live
> guidelines on the web. And he was right - they were completely AWOL.
>
> I have investigated, and got back the right behaviour; but this is a serious flaw, and it makes me think we should
> correct it sooner rather than later.
>
> What was decided in Chicago about when to make a 1.10.0 release? (if indeed 1.10 is what it is to be).

We didn't discuss this explicitly, but my personal view is that we are
not ready for a 1.10 release yet.

Is it not possible to do a 1.9.2 (error correcting) release in which
only the HTML has changed? wasn't that one reason for introducing the
@source attribute? Clearly we don't want the schemas etc. to be
different (e.g. introducing nested <bibl>) until the 1.10 release.