[tei-council] Commits, builds, errors and Jenkins

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 23 19:10:14 EDT 2011

it is true, by the way, that if you commit 10 changes in rapid succession, then Jenkins may well only make two test runs, not one for each commit. The workflow is simple - a cron job (every few minutes) checks to see if a change has been made, and if so kicks off a test run. It is NOT done with a Subversion trigger (as you might have hoped).

because I have little space on the box, I have configure Jenkins only to keep two sets of results for some tasks.

I agree that this methodology can theoretically produce problems, but I don't believe it is very likely to actually bite us.

Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente