[tei-council] fine-grained permissions for subversion

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 12 13:39:54 EDT 2011

For me, the strongest argument for granular permissions would be the
possibility to designate specific people as "maintainers" for particular
areas of the specification in which they happen to be expert. I rather
like the idea of gatekeepers (rather than having lots of people with
commit privileges over the whole repo). There are some areas where I'd
feel qualified to be a gatekeeper, but others where I definitely should
not be; and with designated people for each area, it would be easier to
know who is responsible for making a specific change once the council
has agreed to it.