[tei-council] TEI Council Working Papers on website

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Tue Mar 29 17:27:52 EDT 2011

I have added dates and cleaned up the list a bit:

http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/

A couple of remaining issues:

* For tcw06, and possibly other documents, would you like to indicate that
the documents in their version here have been superseded by equivalents
elsewhere? And I would need guidance on "an indication of whether or not the
item is closed".

* For tcw16 I could not find a creation date, neither in the XML nor in
tei-council email archives. Does anyone know what it is?

David

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Lou Burnard wrote:

> Well done David! Adding dates would help a lot, plus also maybe an indication
> of whether or not the item is closed (in the sense that the document is no
> longer under active consideration). In an ideal world where we had nothing
> better to do, it would be nice to see some information about what happened to
> each document -- referenced from minutes of meeting xyz, adopted without
> discussion, permanently but on the back burner, etc.
>
> In that context, note that TCW17 is a bit different from the others in that
> it actually generates a list of *currently* open tickets -- so what it leads
> to is different every time you look at it. As such it's a very useful
> standing document!
>
> I feel strongly that all these documents should be part of the public record.
> The Council should conduct all of its business openly.
>

> Note
>
> On 28/03/11 01:03, David Sewell wrote:
>> Okay, I have created a draft of an index page for "Working Papers":
>>
>> http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/
>>
>> It is not yet linked from anywhere else on tei-c.org. Before doing that,
>> I need to know a few things:
>>
>> * Should there be more explanatory text than just "Following is a list
>> of TEI Council working papers"?
>>
>> * Which of the TCW links should remain, and which should be deleted? The
>> titles  have rendered in italics are Sourceforge ticket summaries;
>> should they be part of the permanent public record?
>>
>> Once I know that, I can add dates to the documents (where I can, based
>> on internal information), do some cleanup, and provide the links,
>>
>> David
>>
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Laurent Romary wrote:
>>
>>> I would easily see a section "Documents" under TEI council to list all of
>>> these in.
>>> @David: could you please do this?
>>> Laurent

>>> Laurent Romary
>>> INRIA&  HUB-IDSL
>>> laurent.romary at inria.fr

>>> PLEASE NOTE: postings to this list are publicly archived

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA