[tei-council] tei release under way, watch out

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 12:42:28 EST 2011

On 21/02/11 17:25, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 21 Feb 2011, at 17:21, Laurent Romary wrote:
>
>> An idea then comes to my mind. Could we think of automatically compile
>> release notes from SF, taking into account tickets in "fixed" status
>> over a certain period. This would in turn force all of us at paying
>> attention to the wording of ticket headings. If I'm asking too much,
>> do not hesitate to tell…
>
> That is a good idea, if someone can take the time to write the script;
> I assume there is an API to SF's bug trackers?
>
> This needs a volunteer to make a proof of concept, I suggest. Not me,
> I am afraid.

While it sounds like a fun idea, remember that anyone is allowed
to submit FR/Bugs to sourceforge... so unless you are suggesting
that when we change the 'Resolution' to be Fixed (or another
value) that we also rename the ticket to what it was *actually*
about?  Might that not be confusing for the person who submitted
it?

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,
OUCS, University of Oxford