[tei-council] explicit global attributes, and feasible validation annotation of <egXML>

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 3 10:12:30 EST 2011

On 03/02/11 12:26, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Since no voices of protest have been raised over these two, they'll go live shortly
> in the soon-to-be 1.9.0. I'll start discussing it on TEI-L next week if no-one here
> howls.
>
> its possible that the change to att.global even mandates us to move to 2.1.0. Any
> views?

I know we have discussed this on the mailing list, but did we
ever write up the policy concerning version number
incrementation?  I know we have the Birnbaum Doctrine on
backwards compatibility, but this doesn't say anything about when
we consider this to be 2.0.0 instead of 1.10.0

If we have written that up, can someone point me to it? If we
haven't, should we do so?

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service
OUCS, University of Oxford