[tei-council] Roma, ODD-processing in XSLT 1.0

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 15:21:02 EST 2011

On 31/01/11 18:29, stuart yeates wrote:
> I have in the past been an advocate / holdout for XSLT 1.0 on the basis
> that XSLT 2.0 has only a single implementation and that ties us to the a
> particular tool chain.
>
> However, I'm now using XSLT 2.0 for a number of things and have found
> the world hasn't ended. So I'll not be objecting.

Just to note (as Sebastian already has done, but incorrectly) that there
*are* _more_ than two implementations of XSLT 2.0 processors (with more
on the way).

Michael Kay (and he should know) notes some of them in this mailing list
post:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201005/msg00031.html

namely, Saxon, Altova, IBM Websphere, Intel SOA Expressway, Gestalt, and
notes back in last May that Marklogic were announcing one soon.

http://expath.org/wiki/Engines

notes some more but these are through including processors like saxon in
the framework... though it mentions XQSharp which provides another .Net
XSLT2 framework, I believe.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings
Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford