[tei-council] TEI P5 1.9.0

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 13:05:00 EST 2011

On 26 Jan 2011, at 17:57, Martin Holmes wrote:

> I don't know either -- what does the deb file actually install?

it puts all the docs, schemas, and source in a predictable place under /usr/share/xml/tei.

not much, actually.

This is why I am raising the subject - what do we expect our constituents  to do
when we say "lookee, folks, a new release!!!"?

my personal use of an installed P5 is to validate files, I know where
I can find tei_all.rnc or teilite.rnc or whatever I want. How this relates
to Windows folk, lord knows :-}

I suspect many of our users rely on oXygen to have stuff in the right place;
and indeed our distribution of zip files was set up talking to the oXy folk,
to make sure it worked.

sebastian