[tei-council] TEI Debian packages (was Re: TEI P5 1.9.0)

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Wed Jan 26 12:05:58 EST 2011

On 1/26/2011 9:21 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> If we stopped producing deb archives, presumably everyone would have to
>> maintain their system either by synchronising with the svn repo, or by
>> downloading and unpacking tar archives, which would just add to our
>> support burden and reduce still further the usability of the service
>> offered
>
> it would be interesting to know how many people use them apart from you
> and James. does anyone else on this list?

I have downloaded the saxon package from
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/teideb/ in order to get the version needed for
Sebastian's stylesheets, which I pulled directly from Subversion using
the instructions at http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Tei-xsl instead of
getting the tei-xsl package at http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/teideb/ .
(Perhaps I should have downloaded the package instead.)

I have also tried downloading the tei-oxygen package, but it didn't
include the Java SE Runtime Environment from Oracle, which syncRO's tech
support told me I should use to avoid the bugs it was causing when I
tried using <oXygen/>.  They recommended I instead download from their
site and use their installer in order to get the right JVM.  Did that
and it worked much better.

--Kevin