[tei-council] Hyphenation discussion

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 15:17:10 EST 2011

Well, if this ball is really still in the air, is it worth revisiting my
much earlier proposal of
something like @wordBreaking = "yes" , "no", "dunno" ?

Advantages: adresses concerns expressed by someone (Martin ?) that @type
might be needed for some other kind of typology entirely; is
unambiguous, could be generalised to other elements without confusion.

Disadvantage: breaks backward compatibility (but not much, since the
current state of affairs is no more than a suggestion anyway.)