[tei-council] Council meeting in April - Symposium on 11. April

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 15:14:57 EST 2011

On 18 Jan 2011, at 20:03, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> I think you're referring to the proposed topic for John Maxwell.  He did
> semantic markup for years and gave up on it because he felt that it was
> needlessly complicated for most publishing workflows.  See
> http://thinkubator.ccsp.sfu.ca/wikis/xmlProduction/Home .

This, surely, is a good example of  beating a dead horse. Would
anyone disagree with the points he makes? I wouldn't,
in the broad.  TEI _is_ needlessly complicated for most publishing workflows.
But Poughkeepsie never said it was designed for that
("... a standard format for data interchange...").

Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente