[tei-council] Council meeting in April - Symposium on 11. April

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Tue Jan 18 09:40:18 EST 2011

I would say that most of the time, we have tried to inform the concil
from local ractices on the contrary (remember Berlin where we had
several German based project presenting their expectations towards the
TEI). So let's say it's a subliminal unperceived change of direction.
And I know more of countertenors than of guitarist, but that's another
issue.

Le 18 janv. 11 à 14:11, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :

> On 18 Jan 2011, at 10:02, Laurent Romary wrote:
>
>> We would think of inviting there various people which could provide
>> us
>> with food for thought for our future work. Part of the names result
>> from their geographical proximity, hence making their presence more
>> probable: John Wilkin, Thomas Schmidt, Martin Mueller, Jeff Beck,
>> Mark
>> Olsen, plus a report by Kevin on the Best Practices for TEI in
>> libraries.
>

> The point in the past of the pre-Council workshop was to
> give the local folk a chance to hear from  Council members,
> rather than have local folk advise the Council. One of the points
> in the past was that the local site sponsored a couple
> of council members.
>
> Is this a conscious change of direction?
>
> I'd be impressed to meet such a world-famous guitarist
> as Jeff Beck, but I only recognize Martin Mueller
> from the other names :-}
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Information and Support Group Manager