[tei-council] invalid examples allowed in Guidelines?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 05:53:04 EST 2011

Sure, I think the exact details of what the @display attribute does, and what values it can take,
could be thrashed out during an implementation phase, if the idea is accepted.

of course, we don't have to agree on a single answer:

 - we can make some of the errant examples complete and valid in the normal way
 - we can turn some into CDATA (as we have to for ones which are _meant_ to be
    invalid)
 - we can use James' slippery mechanism for some

I think it is at least possible that the number of examples which really need the James Method
may be too small to justify the work involved in implementing it now. Alternatively we might
find lots of other places where it would be useful.

one school of thought would say we should make all elements in all examples expandable/collapseable
 Information and Support Group Manager
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente