[tei-council] Calling all naming experts

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 8 07:19:18 EST 2011

On 7 Jan 2011, at 21:13, Lou Burnard wrote:

>>  Or invent a new generic grouper
>> called<block>.
>
> this was suggested earlier, and i see the logic, but i am not sure i see
> the need for it. this particular use case is the only persuasive case
> I've come across so far for non-tesselating subdivisions.

I would suggest we test this a bit more widely
than just the Council.  I am not sure everyone out there
would agree with you, gasp.

my argument is purely theoretical - a <block> would
sit alongside <seg> and <ab> to give us an anonymous
container at all three levels.

we could also, of course, allow <div> to non-tessellate but
I think we should make sure paramedics are ready in
Southmoor Rd to assist quickly at your attack of apoplexy
before I suggest that....
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente