[tei-council] FR nuncles: new element tei:objectType

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 07:07:37 EST 2011

The first thing we need is a <elementSpec> for the new element. Take one
of the existing ones (Specs/material.xml in this case probably) and hack
it, is what I usually do.

That will also involve creating some usage examples, thinking about its
class memberships, attributes etc.

Then I would create a skeleton ODD file in which my new element spec is
added to the existing structure and see whether the schemas generated
make sense. In my skeleton ODD file I'd start adding some prose to
further explain how the new element is meant to be used, and expatiating
on the examples a bit.

The genetic.xml document is an example of this process in action, though
on a rather broader scale than is needed here.