[tei-council] how to encode a hyphen at the end of a line, column, or page when you are encoding hyphens

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 18:19:55 EST 2011

> 1. You should probably not falsify the text, so do distinguish in some
> way "helpful" which has been split across a line break from "helpful"
> which has not been so divided

even this is surely controversial? if I am doing a digital version of a
typeset novel, is it "falsifying" to not bother recording the line break
and hyphenation decisions of some hack typesetter?

but I do agree, there is no one right  set of decisions for all texts.

Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente